Christine Lichtenfels is an associate attorney for Baldwin, Crocker, & Rudd, P.C.. Ms. Lichtenfels began her legal career as staff attorney for Idaho Legal Aid Services in Boise, Idaho focusing on Medicaid, unemployment and family law. Seeking to return to Wyoming, Ms.Lichtenfels next clerked for the Hon. Alan B. Johnson of the U.S. District Court of Wyoming. Thereafter ensued a long hiatus from the practice of law, including a total of 270 weeks in the field as an instructor for the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS), working as Associate Director for the Wyoming Outdoor Council, serving as Chief Financial Officer (and occasional guide) for Jackson Hole Mountain Guides, teaching environmental law classes at Central Wyoming College, and taking on leadership roles for local non-profit organizations.
In her free time, Christine enjoys rock-climbing in Sinks Canyon after work, running trail races and marathons, spending time in the wilderness and planning adventures with her husband.
- Associate Attorney, Baldwin, Crocker & Rudd, P.C., Lander, Wyoming (2016)
- Self-employed, Certified Rolfer™ (2008-present);
- Chief Financial Officer, Jackson Hole Mountain Guides (2006-2013);
- Adjunct, Central Wyoming College (2010-11) Environmental Regulatory Agencies, Environmental Law;
- Associate Director, Wyoming Outdoor Council (2000-2004);
- Senior Staff Instructor (1984-present), Field Staff Coordinator (1998-2000), National Outdoor Leadership School (1996);
- Law Clerk, Honorable Alan B. Johnson, U.S. District Court, District of Wyoming (1991-1992);
- Staff Attorney, Idaho Legal Aid Services, Boise, Idaho, (1990).
- Juris Doctorate, Order of the Coif, University of Wyoming College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming, (1989), Comment Editor, Land and Water Law Review.
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, History, concentration in Intellectual History Yale College, New Haven, Connecticut (1979)
- Wind River Tribal Court
- U.S. District Court, Wyoming
- U.S. District Court, Montana
- Indian Reserved Water Rights: An Argument for the Right to Export and Sell, Land and Water Law Review (1989)