Kelly A. Rudd is partner in the law firm of Baldwin, Crocker & Rudd. He is graduate of the Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College, and holds an M.B.A. in Business and Government Management from the Atkinson School of Management at Willamette University. He is licensed to practice law in Wyoming and Oregon, the U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, the U.S. Court of Claims and numerous tribal courts. He was selected by peer review for inclusion in the 22nd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Native American Law, and designated by Thompson Reuters as a Superlawyer. Mr. Rudd handles a wide‑array of litigation and business matters, often involving questions of federal Indian law. He has significant experience in environmental and natural resource issues, administrative law, real estate disputes, insurance matters, accounting malpractice, legal malpractice, lender liability, injury law, Indian housing, civil rights, treaty claims, and jurisdictional disputes.
In his spare time, Mr. Rudd enjoys being outdoors – gardening, fishing, skiing, hunting and enjoying sports with his wife Courtney and their two rambunctious children.
- Juris Doctorate, Lewis and Clark Law School, Portland, Oregon, 2004, Pro Bono Honors, Natural Resources Merit Scholarship.
- M.B.A. in Business and Government Management, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon, 2002, with Honors.
- Bachelor of Arts, English and American Studies, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon, 1995
- Shareholder, Baldwin, Crocker & Rudd, P.C., Lander, Wyoming (2008‑present)
- Staff Attorney, Baldwin, Crocker & Rudd, P.C., Lander, Wyoming (2005‑08)
- Law Clerk, The Hon. Janice M. Stewart, U.S. District Court, Dist. of Oregon (2005)
- Trial Attorney (Court Certified Law Student), Multnomah County District Attorney (summer/fall 2004)
- Clerk, The Hon. Michael W. Mosman, U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon (winter/spring 2004)
- Real Estate Finance and Brokerage, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming (1999‑2003)
- Fly Fishing, World Cast Anglers, Jackson, Wyoming (1997‑2001)
- Issues Management, Metropolitan Group, Portland, Oregon (1996‑97)
- Oregon (2005)
- Wyoming (2005)
- Wind River Tribal Court (2005)
- Hoh Tribal Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th and 10th
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
- Guest Columnist, Wyoming Wildlife News
- Special Health Care Provisions for Indians in Obamacare in Need of Protection, Montana Lawyer, Sept. 2015